The Township offers financial assistance to families and individuals in need. The following are brief descriptions of the various types of assistance.
General Assistance is a state-mandated program. The program provides a monthly grant to any single adult with no income who is seeking employment or has a pending Social Security Disability application. This program is designed for people who have no income. This is an ongoing grant program with Work Program requirements. Our caseworkers are able to further discuss specific program criteria and to schedule an appointment.
Emergency Assistance is for Township residents who meet the income guidelines and have a disconnection notice for gas, electric, or water, and/or a five day notice on rent or behind on mortgage payments. EA is administered to households once in a twelve month period with a lifetime maximum of 5 times. Applications are taken at the Township Office by appointment.
The General Assistance office also organizes an Adopt-A-Family program for low-income families during the holiday season for clients who have received assistance in the current year. Applications are mailed out in September to eligible clients and need to be returned by the last Friday in October. If your family is not able to be adopted, the Marine Corp Toys for Tots program is available for York Township residents beginning early December.
• Children ages 15 and under
• Children must live in your household full time
• Must be a resident of York Township
• There are multiple organizations who have holiday programs please only pick ONE to sign up with
• Must meet income guidelines
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, is a federal program that provides nutrition benefits to low-income individuals and families that are used at stores to purchase food. A SNAP representative comes to the Township Quarterly to help residents apply for these benefits.
A SNAP representative will be here the following dates in 2019
9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on a first come first serve basis
YOU WILL BE ASKED ABOUT:
• Identification – Know or bring social security number OR Alien ID and Document Number. MUST be citizen or legal permanent resident for 5 years to qualify. Non-citizen adults may apply on behalf of children with citizenship.
• Job Income – Pay stubs from past 30 days, if available
• Other Income –Social Security, Child Support, Unemployment, SSI, Checking/Savings Statements, Veterans Benefits, Pension, Retirement
• Residency – Know your exact rent, mortgage, association dues, insurance, and property tax
• Itemized Medical Expenses – Seniors (60+), Blind, or Disabled only
For more information please visit the link below.
Coast 2 Coast Prescription Discount
York Township has endorsed the Coast2Coast Prescription discount card. Please see the flyer below for more information and to print your card. Cards are also available at the Township Supervisor’s Office.